Admission of Candidates
Number of Admitted Students
The number of admitted students in the Postgraduate Program of Studies for each specialization is twenty (20) at maximum, unless differently decided by the General Assembly of Special Composition for a particular academic year.
The total number of admitted students for the specializations to run in the University of Macedonia wil be eighty (80) at maximum.
The Coordinating Committee of the Postgraduate Program of Studies (possible assisted by faculty members selected by the General Assembly of Special Composition):
- After the confirmation that candidates fulfill the requirements of the first phase, evaluates and ranks the applicants based on the criteria of the second phase.
- Forwards the list of qualified candidates for the second phase to the Secretariat of the program, which sends out invitations for participation to the third phase in a particular date.
- After the completion of the third phase, the final ranking list of successful candidates is compiled by the Coordinating Committee, separately for each specialization. The catalogue of successful candidates is subject to final approval by the General Assembly of Special Composition.
- The highest ranked candidates, up to the number of students to be admitted in each specialization are notified by mail from the Secretariat and are asked to provide a written confirmation within 5 days whether they accept the admission to the Postgraduate Program of Studies, abiding by the corresponding regulations.
- Not providing an answer in the aforementioned deadline is treated as denial of the admission by the applicant. In case there are denials, the Secretariat notifies the candidates ranked next in the evaluation list.
- After the call for applications and every 2 months - unless differently decided by the General Assembly of Special Composition - the highly qualified applicants will be evaluated and the positions will be offered to them, after the Coordinating Committee's suggestion and the decision of the General Assembly of Special Composition, as soon as possible and in any case before the application deadline expires. The evaluation of the rest of the applications will proceed normally for the remaining positions, after the application deadline expires.
Ensuring the fairness of the admission process
In order to ensure the fairness of the admission process it is required:
- To ascertain the genuineness and accuracy of the submitted certificates of professional experience and all other certifications and documents
- To ensure the same amount of available time during the interview of the candidates by at least two examiners.