The Graduate Program of the Department of Applied Informatics of the University of Macedonia (established by FEK 855, B'/30-6-2003) was launched in 2003-2004 with funding from the Operational Program for Education and Initial Vocational Training of the Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs. Since 2005-2006 it is a self-funded Program.
The M.Sc. in Applied Informatics offers high quality graduate level education in Informatics and equips its graduates with a strong background, experience and know-how for the adoption of best practices in applying computing knowledge to meeting society's needs in economics, management and education.
The main goals of the M.Sc. in Applied Informatics are to:
- provide high quality graduate level studies
- offer state-of-the-art computing knowledge
- combine systems, methodology and software in problem-solving
- develop and manage processes for the management of digital economy
- train professionals with the necessary skills for a successful career in the private, public and academic sector.
- prepare students for doctoral studies
All staff involved in the Graduate Program are committed to providing high quality services incorporating the latest teaching methods and the most up-to-date developments in the subject areas involved.
The Graduate Program of the Department of Applied Informatics offers an M.Sc. degree in Applied Informatics in one of the following Specializations:
- Computer Science and Technology
- Business Computing